Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Beautiful Life

 


Tonight dad wanted to go boating. Charlie and Perry had homework, and very responsibly opted to stay home and finish their work. Just Josie came with dad and I. I didn’t feel like getting wet, so i just did the driving so dad and Josie could enjoy surfing as long as they wanted. 

It was a beautiful night, beautiful weather, and simply rejuvenating. While dad was cruising around to empty the ballasts, I sat up front in my favorite seat. I love feeling the wind on me and seeing the whole lake before me. But especially as the sun goes down. I took this picture and sent it to Spencer with a note that said: “Thank you for this dreamy life. I never take you for granted, my love.”

And in my prayers tonight, I’ll also send up a note to say “Thank You for this beautiful life. I never take You for granted, my loving Father.”

I know sometimes I’m not as quick to recognize His hand. I’m sorry to admit that, recently, after a particularly hard day in this very difficult year we’ve had, I was mad at Him. Not because I blame Him, but because He wasn’t telling me why this trial was necessary. I pleaded to know because I can’t make sense of it like I have other trials. But His answer keeps coming to me the same as it always does, “Be still and know that I am God.” Even this morning I opened the Bible and it fell to this scripture. With my own handwriting —written I don’t know when— reminding me exactly what I need to hold on to.

“Be still. Be patient; wait on the Lord. Trust Him & His timing.”

So my advice to you my dear ones: Trust Him. He knows you and He loves you.

 


No comments: