Saturday, September 5, 2026

Overnighter with Grayson

 Race & Carissa celebrated their 4 year anniversary and asked if we'd watch Grayson. Of course we jumped at the chance! I know I come as 2nd choice next to the Williams (grandparents get top priority), but Ken & Marcene are on a cruise... so we got Grayson! Yay!

It was so much fun! He is so sweet and so cute. He adores Josie! And she is so good with him. She really stepped up and helped me with him during waking hours. Even changed one of his diapers! :) The boys enjoyed playing with him too. Perry tried to keep up his teen exterior, but he softened with Grayson. Perr especially loved feeding watermelon to him. ha ha! 

Grayson is still getting to know us, since they just moved to Indiana. We taught him our names and he says them so cute: Josie = Jo-chee, Charlie = Chaw-ee, Perry = Pehwy. He doesn't know what to call me. We tried to have him say Nancy, but it came out different every time: Nanny (no thanks), Nanchee (that's a first), or Ancy (typically how toddlers say it). I tried to simplify it for him to say "Tia", but that didn't stick. Uncle Spencer was even harder to say. ha ha. We'll get there!

Grayson's adventures with us: walk with me & Jo to go feed Max, the Delgados dog. Played basketball, I gave him a haircut, took him to Charlie's soccer game, he threw rocks in the creek, spotted airplanes, sat and enjoyed watching Charlie's team play, made a half time goal himself, kicked the ball around with Perry & Josie, played with Charlie in the basement, danced with Jo in the kitchen, and terrified Spence and I in the middle of the night. 







No comments: