Saturday, June 13, 2026

Mimicking the Mama

 We had already finished family scriptures and prayer in our room and sent the kids to hop in bed. During the summertime dad still needs to get to bed early for work. It's hard to get the kids to go to their own rooms quietly when they want to stay up and play. 

When Spence & I went into our bathroom to brush teeth, we could hear them sneak back in our room when we shut the bathroom door. They were giggling and "whispering" (our kids don't know how to truly whisper, since it’s still loud enough to hear).  Dad & I were slightly annoyed at being ignored and he opened the door to tell them such and shoo them off to bed. But when he looked out he was confused and started laughing. I was still near my bathroom sink when he told me to come look at what they’d done. I was ready to lay down the law for whatever it was. But I was stopped in my tracks and my words cut short at what I saw: Josie dressed like me at bedtime, mimicking me working on the computer! It was too funny and too spot on for us to be annoyed! They recorded it too and the video is even funnier.




No comments: